Monday, October 31, 2011

Take A Stand


This entry may be a little cheesy but I heard a song today that reminded me of my greatest wish for us. I wish that one day we would truly be a peaceful world. I know that is a fantasy but it is my fantasy. The song is by Boyz II Men called, "One Up For Love."

There are so many moments in my day when I just close my eyes and wish all of the anger and hate in this world would disappear. It breaks my heart to see so many people filled with hurt and rage, taking it out on other people. These people have been hurt repeatedly in their lives and have no other model of how to treat others. So the cycle continues. Causing us to create a world filled with people mistreating others and feeling neglected.

Then there are those moments where I get a glimmer of how we are supposed to be. One of my kids will start crying simply because his friend is crying. A true vision of empathy at such a young age. A man helping an older woman to her car with her groceries, or someone paying for the person behind him in line for no other reason then to show kindness. I think of the small things we can do. Passing someone on the road, smiling at them and seeing their face light up! Knowing that if I say hi to someone, I may just make their day better then it had been in weeks. We tend to underestimate the impact we have on the lives of others, both negative and positive.

This song reminded me of our chance for peace and love in this world. We all have love inside of us. We all have anger inside of us as well. I guess it comes down to which emotion you will stand up for. The choice is easy for me. I will always stand up for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment